Friday, October 19, 2007

Sometimes the most terrifying thing is one's own self...



Man oh man, something funny happened last night. So, I live in a house of cat extremes: I have one cat who is inordinately large, and one cat who is inordinately small. I call them "The Fat Man" and "Tiny" (their real names are Flea and Clementine, but real names are for squares).The Fat Man is a solid 20 pounds of pure fantastic-ness, while my little cat Tiny is 7 pounds of wicked adorable-ness, and she has the littlest cat feet ever. She's so cute and sweet, it's impossible to take her seriously when she's mad.It's like when a little kid gets all mad and starts acting tough. So, when she hisses at people, they pretty much giggle and point, then go about their business completely unaffected by the altercation. And when she gets super mad, she puffs-out her tail to tremendous proportions (she's a short-haired cat), and walks sideways like a crab...it's fucking awesome, but hardly intimidating.

So, last night, I'm watching me some TV, as I am known to do, and I hear my little cat growling at something, then I hear some loud knocking sounds. I get's up, and wander over to the general area of the noise, and I see my little cat, all puffy-tailed and hissing, batting at her own reflection in the back door. And she was really going at it. Full on hitting and growling, like the reflection just talked smack about her Mama or something. Anyway, it was damn funny, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Classic pet humor, realized in my living room, much to my delight.

No comments: