Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Enough with the sucker punching!

Yeah, I hit myself in the face with my laptop this afternoon. No reason, it's not like I didn't listen to myself or something, and I certainly wasn't sassing myself, so I didn't deserve a beating, I just got karmicly unlucky I guess. See, I was trying to get out of this big-ass bean bag chair in this meeting room we have at work, and I wore a dress to work today, so getting out of said beanbag chair gracefully was *challenging*. I managed to keep my knees locked together, so no one got the pleasure of seeing my cookie place, but in an effort to stay chaste, I lost track of where my damned ole computer was. So, here I am, thinking I'm all kinds of fly cause I swung myself out of that beanbag chair in such a way that Jane Austen would have reveared and cannonized, then I cold-cocked myself in the left eye with my Think Pad. Fucking IBM and their "Think Pads", always trying to keep a sister down. Anyway, I got a red mark and a bruise, but it's cool. I'm gonna tell people I'm been prize fighting again, that way folks will think I'm tough, but mysterious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most people who like to hit themselves as much as you at least derive some pleasure from it! But being clumsy can be adorable, at least that is what I like to pretend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, baby!