Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Exorcist Stairs

Most of y'all have seen the Exorcist, and some of you probably even know that it was filmed in Georgetown, my new hood. But what you may not know, is that the famous staircase that the priest falls down at the end of the movie, is really, really close to my office. They are FREAKY tall, and tomorrow morning, I'm going to run up those sumbitches. It all started with my pal Lyndie (Wilksey, if your nasty) getting herself a personal trainer named Ramond. Bogda was lookin' so fly from all her workin' out, so Wilksey wanted a taste, which is understandable. So Ramond has Wilksey running theses little sets of stairs all around the area during her training, and she gripped about it to him one day. Ramond's response was to say "wait until I make you run the Exorcist stairs." Which shut her up real quick. So last week, I was loitering outside of my office building with Wilksey and some other chumps, and Ramond rode by on his bicycle. He stopped to chat us up, and I asked him when he was going to make Wilksey run the Exorcist steps...Wilksey was not pleased. So, Ramond set the date, Sept. 16th is the day of the event. Wilksey decided that since this whole thing is my fault for reminding her trainer she was supposed to run them, that I have to run them with her. Pride is a funny thing, cause normally I would say "fuck that noise" and blow it off, but Wilksey must have smelled that response on me, so she started talking smack. Said I was scared to do it, said I couldn't handle it, said all kinds of crazy shit she'll be eating when I storm past her and run those fucking steps with such style and grace, the birds in the trees will fall silent, and time itself will seem to stop. And 20 minutes later, when her sorry ass climbs to the top, I will be lounging around, possibly enjoying a nice beverage served to me by a half naked cabana boy named Rauol, and I'll say "bitch please."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're too funny. I'm stooping by your blog on a regular basis cos ya'gotta laugh at least once a day.

I've 'linked' you on my site cos I want some of you're glory!!

Keep it up. . .don't worry, I'm not wierd or nothink. I like your rhythm!!

btw I lived in DC and I know those very steps. Very dangerous to run them - so take it steady.

Peace

ReadBecca said...

Creepy Devil Stairs, get thee behind me!

I'd rather have a fat ass than risk getting possessed.

Wait, would a successful exorcism give me a funny anecdote to tell at cocktail parties? Would men find my vulnerability to the demons of hell quirky and adorable? Is having been possessed the new writing a sex column?

Blodga, I want you to guest-post on ReadBecca some time. It'll be like when Carson needed a night off.