Sunday, September 18, 2005

Damn you, America's Next Top Model!

I am so ashamed of myself. I spent all day Saturday, watching an America's Next Top Model marathon. All freakin' day. Like I had nothing better to do. I could have been cleaning my apartment. I could have been doing volunteer work teaching kids to read. I could have hung those curtains I bought a while back. Shit, I need to do that soon, I really want to see those up. Man, II could have hung those freakin' curtains, but no...I watched ANTM (oh yeah, that's what you call the show if you're one of the initiated). But, I did go out for a while with my pal Lyndie to some really sketchy furniture store in the ghetto. It was only open to the public for one day, how sleazy does that sound? I was expecting some fantastic cheap stuff, but the prices were like, regular store prices. Now, why would II go to the damn ghetto with another white girl, just to see some furniture I could get at Haverty's for the same price? All in all, I was disappointed. We went to a flea market after that, and then I went home and fell into the ANTM trap. Oh, you may think your will is stronger than mine, that you could flip the channel after an episode or 2...but just you wait...once ANTM gets its hideous little claws in you, your screwed. And not in the good Las Vegas kind of way. Curse you, ANTM (shakes fist in air).

2 comments:

Michael Ziegler said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReadBecca said...

ANTM is the best. We had a finale watching party after season 2 and had a catwalk contest. I did not win. Mostly because I wouldn't put my wine down.