Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Bus and I are back together

After a few months of "seeing other people", the DC Metro Bus and I are back together, and let me tell you, I remember why I left her. Don't get me wrong, I love the Bus, really I do, but damned if she don't get on my nerves. The bus stop is about an 8 minute walk from my pad, and all summer long, I have been driving to work because I couldn't stand how sweaty I got walking to the bus, then waiting for her in the pounding sun. So, my car and I started to spend a lot of time together, and things just started moving so fast, and before I knew it, I was driving to work every day, like common trash. But it was so exciting! Air conditioning, leather seats, a 5 minute commute, no chance of getting caught in the rain...it's been real sweet what me and the car have. But the thing is, the parking for the car ain't exactly cheap, and like you always here, most couples break up over money, so my car and I have agreed that it's time for me to go crawling back to the Bus. But you know what, I've actually been pretty excited about the Bus again. There's all kinds of freaky-freaky types on the bus that make for great people watching, and the bus gives me the chance to take a little morning walk every day, so it definitely has it's advantages. But, this morning, I got onto a crowded, no air coniditioning-havin', babies cryin', smelly cologne-smellin' bus...which blew. That bitch better fancy herself up for me tomorrow, or I'm going back to the car.

No comments: