Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I just had a meeting with Ivan Drago


Remember Rocky IV? Of course you do, you’re a red-blooded American! Rocky had to defeat communism and avenge Apollo Creed’s death by flying to Moscow to beat the tar out of Ivan Drago (stoically played by TV’s Dolf Lundgren). Remember how big Ivan Drago was, and how he’s all pimp when he says to Rocky “I must break you”. That was rad. Anyway, back to my story. So, I’m in a meeting this morning, and I sit down next to this big dude I have never met before. He introduces himself and he sounds so much like Drago it’s momentarily stunning. Man, this guy was fan-freaking-tastic I tell’s ya. His name is Vadim, and he speaks with the deepest, Russian-ist accent of all time. He even says things like “Facebook is making the things like the applications”. That is so damn cool. It was like having a meeting with a James Bond villain. I don’t remember most of what he said because I was too fascinated by his voice. And because I kept imagining him in a black suit and eye patch, laughing and gently stroking a cat while having a GQ-lookin’ dude lowered into a tank full of sharks. He is awesome, and if I ever have a bar fighting team, he is so on it.

No comments: