Friday, June 22, 2007

Making quite a splash at the new job



Alright, so it's my first week at work here at my fancy new job, and us new hires had to go to this SUPER boring timesheet training class. These cats at my new job use a system called Vantage, and it is the least intuitive program I have ever encountered (besides Illustrator). I’m pretty sure I have to kill Gannon and get the extra heart before I can log my time. Anyway, I’m sitting next to my pal Kelly, who I’ve know for a few years through my pal Ben, and he makes a comment about my desktop wallpaper. Now, I have a lame PC laptop, which I have brought with me to said meeting, and in an effort to jazz it up a bit, I put a picture of Domo Kun a.k.a. the Poop Monster (see attached) as my wallpaper. "Who's this Domo Kun fellow?" you ask. Domo Kun is rad. He’s a funny little mascot for the Japanese TV station NKH. He’s brown and fuzzy, with rather sharp teeth, and he lives with a wise old rabbit,his favorite food is seasoned beef and potatoes, and he is just plain awesome looking. So, Kelly is clearly impressed with Domo Kun by now, and wants to know more about him. Since the meeting about timesheets hadn’t really started, I figured that I have time to Goggle the words “Poop Monster” to get some more facts and pics of my little friend Domo Kun. Seems like a reasonable course of action, right? I mean, that's how I found my desktop pic of Domo Kun and all, so where's the harm? So, pictures this: it’s my first week of my brand-new job, I’m in a stuffy meeting, and my pal Kelly asked me if there are other pics of Domo Kun out there. I says “of course!”, then I do my Google search for "Poop Monster". The FIRST thing on the list of sites is a link titled “monster poop”, so I click it. BAM! Up comes the picture of some dude’s toilet bowl, which contains the dude’s insanely long shit…a shit so mighty, he took a picture of it and placed in the interweb. And here it is now, full-screen big on my laptop. I turned beet-red, then cracked up like nobody’s business…the kind of cracking-up that involved loud cackling and a snort or two. And poor Kelly was just staring in open mouthed-awe at my screen. Oh yeah…I know how to make an impression. I=cool.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For the record, I was aware of Domo Kun's existence prior to this meeting. However, I was not aware of his drunken-bat cavemates.

Ms. Laaw-yuhr said...

I immediately googled "poop monster" after reading this, but I was only taken to the urban dictionary site. :(.