Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I sucker-punched myself last week




Yeah, you read that right…I sucker-punched myself, right below my right tittie. Ever see those exercise bands with handles on them? You know, great for travel…you can stuff’em in a suitcase, then whip’em out for a nice resistance workout in your hotel room (or, if you freaky, they have many more creative uses). Anyway, I have a set of these bad boys, and I took them with me on a business trip to Chicago last week. The cool thing about these bands of mine is that they have this ball-like attachment (see pic below) you can use to anchor the bands to a door. What you do is, close the ball part on the other side of the door, then lock the door, and use the bands for such exercises as chest presses, triceps pull-downs, etc. They whole set-up is pretty grand, providing your door has a good lock. Okay, so the stage has been set: hotel room in Chicago, exercise bands, Bogda and a door (the front door). So, Bogda shuts the ball attachment on the other side of the door, then flips the safety lock (also known as a "Grizzly"swing-type Door Guard, pictured above) shut, and proceeds to do some thoroughly righteous lat rows. Bogda loves her some lat rows, because Bogda has a strong, Polish back. So, after a few reps, something horrid happened. Completely out of nowhere, the door FLIES OPEN! The ball thing comes flyin’ at me at about 50 mile per hour and sucker-punches me square in the upper chest-lower-tittie region. It hurt. A lot. I have a bruise. A big one. And after it happened, I grabbed my chest and just rocked back and forth going “aaaahhhhh…….eeeeesssshhhhh” over and over again. But then I was okay. I wish someone had been in the room with me, that whole exchange had to have been really damn funny to watch. I’m a walking slap-stick comedy show over here! Which is why you love me.

No comments: