Monday, November 12, 2007

Respect the office

So, I was pursuing ye olde CNN.com this afternoon, and a little article called “Things you should never do at work” caught my eye (cause I was at work, and I didn’t want to be doing something that I should never do, see?). I start reading that sucker, and the first 8 or so things where pretty conventional: don’t steal shit, don’t lie about shit, don’t play hooky, blah, blah, blah. Then, I get down to the last item, and it was fantastic! “Do NOT hit on your boss”. No foolin’? I thought I might get that raise if I gave up a little of the strange to my boss. What jackass is out there, right now, looking at his/her boss, thinking “I want to tap that, and I think it would be 100% appropriate for me to act on this impulse. I bet he/she would be receptive to this tact.” Seriously, do we actually need these basic-ass rules in this day and age? Do we need to be told not to dress in tube-tops and hooker boots? Or not to steal shit? Come on now people, this is the 21st century. Mama raised us right; we do NOT need this kind of elementary reminders. And if you do, I shake my finger at you, you laggard!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stupid people go to work too...and they need some help.

Blogda said...

I guess, but can't we figure out a way to give them jobs where they don't have to interact with other people?

hootieben said...

I've been looking for a job where I don't have to interact with other people all my life.