Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Shit I'm Thankful for


Hello, my many spendid pets. It's that time of year where we all take a moment and reflect on what we are thankful for. Not even Blogda is immune to this tradition, even though she is kind of an iconoclast. So, without further ado, here's my list of shit I am thankful for:

1.) My office lets people bring their dogs to work. It is physically impossible to be unhappy when there's puppies around you, it's a scientific fact. Look it up. Puppies are neat.

2.) The color Kelly Green (also known as Emerald Green). I look so kickass in this color, I have to ration out the times that I wear it so as not to blind my neighbors with my glory.

3.) The Family Guy. Every episode is full of at least 3 laugh-out-loud moments. It's rare these days for a show to be as consistently fantastic as TFG has been, so I salute you, creators of TFG. Huzzah to you, good people!

4.) Cookies. God damn, cookies are delicious. I fucking love cookies. Period. If you don't at least like cookies, you must hate yourself.

5.) My Dad's health. Yeah, I had to get all sentimental and shit at least once, right? But seriously, the Old Man almost died a few times in the last 2 years, so the fact that he is so healthy and strong today is nothing short of miraculous. I am truly thankful that my Pop is a tough old bastard.

6.) All my cool-ass work buddies. Now, it's easy to fall into a routine with your work buddies, and kinda of take for granted that they'll always be there to make you laugh and open your hard-to-open jars for you, but take it from me, they may not be around for ever! Enjoy them while you can, and maybe bring them a nice sandwich now and again. Nothing fancy, maybe just a nice turkey sandwich with a little Swiss cheese and a nice mustard. And maybe a pickle. And some chips. And a cookie. Yeah, a cookie would be a nice way to top that off. Shit. Now I want a sandwich.

The list goes on, I assure you, but I think this is a good start. Have a happy and joyous Thanksgiving, my friends, and maybe bring me a sandwich sometime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what? I think I've seen you eat a block of cheaddar cheese in one sitting once. I bet you couldn't shit for a week after all that cheese.

ReadBecca said...

Baby, I'd make you a fucking awesome sandwich anytime, no questions asked.