Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Seriously Kashi...what the fuck?

So, a few weeks ago, I was wondering around the local food mart, looking for tatsy frozen dinners to enjoy, and this lovely green and white box caught my eye. It was one of those new-fangled Kashi meals, and let me tell you, it sure looked tasty. It boasted "Chicken marinated with lemon and rosemary, grilled then sliced. Served with baby Portobello mushrooms and sugar snap peas over our Kashi® 7 Whole Grains Pilaf, and topped with lemon rosemary sauce." I mean damn, I'm not made of stone here, who was I to resist? I likes chicken. I likes lemon rosemary sauce. So, needless to say, I popped that sweet-looking box into my basket, and ultimately into my freezer at home. As I stated before, it had been a few weeks since I bought that sucker, so when I opened the freezer this evening, you can imagine my glee at finding it again. "Oooooo!", I says, then I stuck it in the microwave, and waited for the goodness to be ready to eat. I should have known by the smell that I was going to be less than pleased. It kinda stunk like feet when it came out of the microwave, but it still looked good, so I decided to give it a try. Inedible. I mean, in-freakin'-edible. I think they ground up trolls with mustache clippings to make the sauce. And what was with all those crazy-ass mushrooms, man? I was prepared for some mushrooms, but not a plethora of them! I was promised "some", damnit! In. Edible. Period. I had to throw that shit out after 2 bites...now what am I to do about dinner? Fuck! Now I'm all hungry, pissed-off, and dinner-less (shakes fist!). Man, if you see that Kashi in the food mart, just walk on by. I know she's fine and all, and she says all the shit you want to hear, like "fresh", and "organic", but just smile and nod, then go back to good ole Lean Cuisine. Now that's a brand who knows how to keep me satisfied. Sure, it get's a little dull having the same ole, same ole all the time, but I tell you what, the grass ain't greener on the Kashi side. It;s actually significantly less green...and it smells like a foot. That Kashi is one nasty-ass bitch, I got to loose her number.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I love the Kashi lady....I eat the Kashi Lean Crunch (aka "colon blow") every day! I am sorry the rosemary chicken didnt work out, but I assure you, the Kashi bitch has many tasty flavors, that will make you crap your pants...literally.

Blogda said...

Well...if you're sure I'll soil myself, maybe I'll give her another try.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I boycott any company who employs personification of inanimate objects in their slogan.

GRAINS, UNLIKE DELTA FORCE, DO NOT HAVE MISSIONS.

Blogda said...

Good point, sir.