Monday, April 07, 2008

“Well, he had to hit me”


I went to a brunch thing this weekend, and I met the coolest little kid of all time. Me, my pal Karen, my new pal Adrienne and her 6 year old son Hudson we all enjoying our meal out side on the patio, and Adrienne told us that she had a story about Hudson to share:

“One day last week, I had to work a little late, so my husband picked the kids up from school. When I got home from work, Hudson’s best friend David’s father called me to apologize for David hitting Hudson at school that day. I said to his father, ‘I didn’t hear anything about this, let me call you back.’ I go find Hudson and ask him if David hit him at school, and Hudson said ‘well, he had to hit me... I’m made out of titanium, and he had to know what it felt like to hit titanium.”

Hudson was sitting there with us while his mom was telling the story, and when she was done, he nodded his head and said “I am made out of titanium.” We asked him if he came that way or if he had the titanium put in later. After giving us the stink eye, he said “I came this way. And I’m gonna live 1 hundred twenty thousand years!” He went on to say that he could eat a piece of ham as big as a window. Coolest. Kid. Ever.

No comments: