Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I love spellcheck

Spell check is aces in my book. Not only is it highly functional, it's also an unexpected source of good times and humor. I love it when I get to add words to spell check's word bank. For instance, today I added "smellin' ". I've also added "bitchin' ", and "douche bag". I also like it when spell check tries to change a proper noun (usually someone's name) into some other, completely unrelated word. That's always fun. It tries to change my name "Bogda" into "Bogotá" all the time, which makes me feel very international and mysterious. It's also quite fun to have a word so crazy that spell check doesn't even have a suggestion for you. It's like spell check is throwing it's hands up in the air and saying "well...fuck if I know" to your word. Really long last names are good for this, like Ramakrishnan or Sweterlitsch. Good ole spell check, always good for a laugh.

1 comment:

ReadBecca said...

Spellcheck gives people a false sense of security. Much like tissue paper toilet protectors and the no-fly list.