Friday, January 20, 2006

The Route of the Damned

My pal Wilksey has this alternate route to Target, or so she says. Every time we try to go to the Target on Route 1, she tries to take us on this "better" route, which she swears is really fast...and guess what? We never, ever get to the Target as intended. Most of the time, we end up going to another Target on Hwy 50. And it takes her a minute to figure out that she's on 50, not on 1, so she curses and stuff for a bit, which is funny. Personally, I like that store on 50, so it's no skin off my back. But I am sick and tired of her wanting to go to the store on 1 and fucking up this "shorter, better" route! We were going to go to the infamous Route 1 Target on Weds. after work, and foolishly, Wilksey tries her route. I begged her, repeatedly, to just go the way we both know works, but she swears she has it under control. I reminded her that we have never had success with this route, but she would hear nothing of it. And guess what? WE DIDN'T GO THE RIGHT WAY, and we ended up downtown by the Washington Monument. Ain't no damn Target near the monuments...no sir, none at all. And I can't get mad at her, cause it really is funny when she does it, I just wish we could have one uneventful trip to that damn Target on Route 1.

No comments: